Making Disciples who Make Disciples
Seven Questions (download in PDF)
DISCOVERY GROUP GUIDE
- What is one thing you are thankful for today?
- What is one thing that you are challenged with?
- Can someone retell the story from last time and briefly tell what we learned?
- How did it go with your “I will …” statement from last week?
- Did you share what you learned with someone? How did it go?
- Have different people read the new story.
- Can someone retell the story in their own words?
- Is there anything more to add?
- What do you hear God teaching you, drawing to your attention?
- What does this tell us about God, or about Jesus?
- What does this tell us about people, or about ourselves?
- How can you put your learning into action? (If you are using a notebook, take a few moments to write your responses.)
- “I will ...”
- How will you share what you learned?
- Who else could benefit from this teaching?
SUGGESTIONS FOR GROUP FACILITATOR
1. If refreshments are served do so before or after the Discovery Bible Study so concentration is not broken.
2. Keep the group process moving so all questions are discussed before time runs out. Don't be uncomfortable with silence while people listen to the Lord or while writing in their notebooks.
3. If one member of the group speaks too much, say, "Let's hear also what quieter members of the group have to share."
4. If a member of the group wanders to other topics, you may need to bring the group back to the text by asking, "How do you see that relating to this passage?
5. Keep the group small to enable everyone to share (5 people is best). If the group becomes larger, form two groups. In preparation for this, share this page and invite others in the group to facilitate after you've led 2 or 3 times so they can grow in skill and confidence in preparation for leading their own group.
6. When another group is formed, keep in touch with the group leader to encourage him or her and help as she or he prepares to birth new groups.
7. If you have questions or comments please connect via www.murraymoerman.com/6contact/contact.asp